The Department of Mathematics has staff members who provide support and advice for instructors at all levels, with emphasis on working with teaching associates (TAs). Dr. Dan Boros, John Lewis, and David Kish have extensive experience in teaching at college and college preparatory levels. Dan has a PhD in mathematics, while John has Master's degrees in mathematics and additional coursework in mathematics education. There is an open-door policy at all times; anyone who wants to chat can stop by their offices on the third floor of the Math Tower, Rooms 300, 302, and 356.
Our TA training management team:
- observes classes and provides feedback to instructors
- determines teaching assignments for TAs
- videotapes instructors, by request
- consults and advises on teaching and learning mathematics
- helps with troubleshooting classroom problems
- shares information about Department and University policies which are pertinent to teachers
Dr. William Husen, Director of Undergraduate Studies, is a resource for faculty and TAs in all mathematics courses, and the department ombudsman for students in those courses. His office is located in a suite on the first floor of the Math Tower, Room 124.