VP - Actuarial Pricing at Erie Insurance Group
Erie Insurance Business Accomplishments:
- Rate Maintenance. Lead rate review process for the personal and commercial lines. Rates reflect experience and competitive analysis. Actuaries take a practical approach and gather feedback from field and underwriting.
- Staff Development. The actuarial Supervisors have been developed internally and are recognized as key contributors. Others are contributing in throughout the company, in CL and PL. We develop entry level candidates through our intern program and recruiting efforts with Universities.
- Instruction. He has enjoyed opportunities to lead Underwriting, DSM Agent Training classes. Presentations at Agents Advisory, Board Orientation, Agent Coffee house meetings and Branch Meetings.
VP - Actuarial Pricing
VP - Commercial Actuarial
VP - P/C Actuarial
SSV - Commercial Pricing
|2015 - present
2010 - 2014
1991 - 2009
|Manager of Actuarial
Graduate Teaching Assistant
Ohio State University
|1982 - 1989
1977 - 1981
1974 - 1977
Designations, Committees and Publications:
- Associate in the Casualty Actuarial Society (ACAS) -1990, MAAA
- Western Pennsylvania M.S Society Board: 2001-2006
- Actuarial Advisory Board- The Ohio State Unversity-1993-2001
- Dean’s Advisory Council- The Ohio State University- 1995-1999
- Paper: Casualty Actuarial Forum: The Usefulness of the R2 Statistic, Winter 1988
- Masters in Applied Statistics: The Ohio State University, August 1978
- BS Mathematics: The Ohio State University, March 1974
- Spouse: Jacqueline- enjoys cooking, baking, and volunteering
- Son: Carl is a graduate of Ohio University with a dual degree in Photojournalism and Spanish. He enjoys playing soccer, travel, and attending all types of sporting events.
- Son: Jay is attending Tufts University. He enjoys playing soccer, travel and studies in the medical field.
- Ross: Likes to attend college and High school sporting events, enjoys road biking, cross-country, skiing, walking his two dogs, and learning the agility to train their puppy.