Ohio State nav bar

Evaluation of Courses Taken in High School

The following instructions are intended only for students who earned college credit by completing courses at their high school. Students who completed college courses at the college/university campus while in high school should follow the normal Math Transfer Credit instructions.

The Department of Mathematics is unable to use high school course material in order to provide an evaluation of college credit. Students who have completed college credit at a high school will not be able to submit materials provided by the high school.

Students will need to submit a standard syllabus provided by the math department at the college/university. Students should contact the math department at the college/university in which the credit was earned. The department will be able to provide a syllabus used on the college campus during the semester in which the student earned credit for the course. Students should ensure the course materials meet the standard for evaluation, as seen below.

A Detailed College Syllabus is Required for each course from the semester in which the course was completed

  • Syllabi and additional materials must indicate:
    • Name of textbook including author and edition (a table of contents needs to be submitted if a custom textbook is used)
    • List of sections covered in the textbook in the course

Note: Homework sheets, class schedules/calendars, or similar documents can be submitted in addition to syllabi


Return to Evaluate Math Transfer Credit