These procedures increase the chance students enroll in the right math course, although it does not guarantee students their first choice of section and/or time.
Permission to enroll in an alternative time/section will begin approximately 2 weeks before the start of the semester for students that have a work conflict with a currently scheduled class and/or other open sections of math courses.
- Provide a letter from their boss or supervisor on company stationery stating their work hours required.
- Please be aware that a note on plain paper will not be accepted.
- Submit the official note and current class schedule to the Math Course Office, 113 Math Building.
- Permission to enroll in a new section will be granted if space permits.
*Students who do not have work conflicts or cannot provide official documentation from their boss or supervisor must follow traditional waiting list procedures.
Students may encounter scheduling issues in which a math class cannot be added to that semester's schedule due to an overlap of time with another class the student may already be enrolled in.
- Determine if this time conflict can be easily fixed by simply choosing another time or section of the course confliction with the math course.
- If students are unable to choose alternative courses, then:
- Students should visit the Math Advising Office to discuss their situation.
- The department does not support students missing class time due to a conflict with another course. Approval to enroll in a math course with a time conflict is normally only provided under the condition that the student does not miss class time of the math course.
Note: The Department of Mathematics reserves the right to deny enrollment into a math course with a time conflict.