These procedures increase the chance students enroll in the right math course, although it does not guarantee students their first choice of section and/or time.
Students may encounter scheduling issues in which a math class cannot be added to that semester's schedule due to an overlap of time with another class the student may already be enrolled in.
- Determine if this time conflict can be easily fixed by simply choosing another time or section of the course confliction with the math course.
- If students are unable to choose alternative courses, then:
- Students will need to submit a Course Enrollment Permission Form [pdf] to the Math Advising Office.
- Obtain instructor permission to enroll in both these classes with the time overlap.
- Note that Time Conflicts are only approved with BOTH instructors' signatures. Instructors have every right to grant or deny their request.
- Students are responsible for maintaining a schedule for attendance and turning in assignments.
Note: Instructors may not be posted until one or two weeks before classes begin. The Department of Mathematics will not be able to sign for the instructor before this time. Students must wait until instructors are posted and receive their signature.
Permission to enroll in an alternative time/section will begin approximately 2 weeks before the start of the semester for students that have a work conflict with a currently scheduled class and/or other open sections of math courses.
- Provide a letter from their boss or supervisor on company stationery stating their work hours required.
- Please be aware that a note on plain paper will not be accepted.
- Submit the official note and current class schedule to the Math Course Office, 113 Math Building.
- Permission to enroll in a new section will be granted if space permits.
*Students who do not have work conflicts or cannot provide official documentation from their boss or supervisor must follow traditional waiting list procedures.
[pdf] - Some links on this page are to .pdf files. If a more accessible format of these files are needed, please contact email@example.com . PDF files require the use of Adobe Acrobat Reader software to open them. If Reader is not already installed, please use the following link to Adobe to download it for free at: Adobe Acrobat Reader.