Do you have a question relating to the Math Placement Test?
Before contacting us, it is imperative that you read carefully at this link to find answers to FAQ's. The volume of emails to math advising is high during the summer and you can find answers online.
Are you a first-year or transfer student to the College of Engineering?
***All incoming Engineering students are REQUIRED to take the math placement test as assigned. No further contact with math advising is necessary.***
Email Inquiries: Please email email@example.com from your official Ohio State email address and include specific and detailed information in your request. Emails from personal email accounts cannot be addressed with student privacy information.
All math advising services will be delivered remotely during the SU 21 semester as part of Ohio State's response to COVID-19.
Math Advising Appointments through OnCourse Self Service for Pre-Majors and Majors:
- Log on to OnCourse: https://buckeyes.campus.eab.com/
- Click the very large Blue “Schedule Appointment” button located on the top right side of the screen.
- Click on the Meet With Your Success Team option. It will be under Other Appointment Options on the right side of the page.
- Select your Advisor.
- Select a service. Select the option that best fits the reason you want to meet with your advisor.
- Find Available Time. You will now see all the available timeslots your advisor has open. Click on the timeslot you want to schedule.
- In the comment box include what you want to talk about and any other information your advisor should know ahead of your appointment.
Review How to Schedule an Advising Appointment [pdf] for more detailed instructions for scheduling in OnCourse.
Math Advising for Other Majors - Appointments
For May, June and July 2021: Please request a time via email at firstname.lastname@example.org from your official Ohio State email address and include specific and detailed information in your request. A Zoom link will be provided for your advising session. First come, first served.
Students wishing to change majors should first complete the Major Information Session. Instructions to schedule a phone or Zoom appointment will be given after finishing the course.
Department of Mathematics Advisors
217 Mathematics Building - no in person advising at this time
231 W. 18th Avenue
Columbus, Ohio, 43210-1174
Preferred mode of contact:
Email: email@example.com (Students should send emails from their Ohio State email account.)
During the COVID-19 emergency, emails are preferred. As the phone is located at the university and we are working remotely, phone calls will not be answered. All calls will go to voicemail. If you do call, please leave a detailed voicemail, including your OSU name.# and a phone number, and we will return your call. Without your phone number we cannot return your call as we do not have caller ID. You will receive a return call from "Unknown" so please pick up. 614-292-6994