Please email email@example.com from your official Ohio State email address and include specific and detailed information in your request. Emails from personal email accounts cannot be addressed with student privacy information.
Non-Math Majors: Math Advising Walk-in & Zoom Drop-in Schedule
- In-person walk-ins available in MA 217 M-F 10AM-12PM and MTWF 1PM-3PM (First come, first served)
- For Zoom drop-ins, please call 614-292-5450 M-F 10AM-12PM and MTWF 1PM-3PM to be provided a Zoom link.
- Students wishing to change majors should first complete the Major Information Session. Instructions to schedule a phone or Zoom appointment will be given after finishing the course.
Math & Actuarial Pre-Majors and Majors:
- In-person walk-ins available in MA 217. For Zoom drop-ins, please call 614-292-5450
- Advisor Anita Simpson - Walk-ins in MA217 M 10AM-12PM, Tu & W 1PM-3PM. Zoom drop-ins Th 10AM-12PM
- Advisor Caitlin Burden - Walk-ins in MA 217 (& Zoom drop-ins) M & F 1PM-3PM, Tu & W 10AM-12PM
- Advisor James Sutherland - Walk-ins in MA217 (& Zoom drop-ins) M & Th 10AM-12PM, Tu & F 1PM-3PM
- Advisor Rodica Barbu - Zoom drop-ins M 1PM-3PM, W & F 10AM-12PM
- Advisor Athena Yiamouyiannis - Walk-ins in MA217 Tu & F 10AM-12PM. Zoom drop-ins W 1PM-3PM
- OnCourse appointment: To schedule an OnCourse appointment with your math or actuarial advisor please follow these instructions:
- Log on to OnCourse: https://buckeyes.campus.eab.com/
- Click the very large Blue “Schedule Appointment” button located on the top right side of the screen.
- Click on the Meet With Your Success Team option. It will be under Other Appointment Options on the right side of the page.
- Select your Advisor.
- Select a service. Select the option that best fits the reason you want to meet with your advisor.
- Find Available Time. You will now see all the available timeslots your advisor has open. Click on the timeslot you want to schedule.
- In the comment box include what you want to talk about and any other information your advisor should know ahead of your appointment.
Department of Mathematics Advisors
217 Mathematics Building - no in person advising at this time
231 W. 18th Avenue
Columbus, Ohio, 43210-1174
Preferred mode of contact is email:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Students should send emails from their Ohio State email account.)
Phone: 614-292-6994 If you do call, please leave a detailed voicemail, including your OSU name.# and a phone number, and we will return your call. You will receive a return call from "Unknown" so please pick up.