Please email email@example.com from your official Ohio State email address and include specific and detailed information in your request. Emails from personal email accounts cannot be addressed with student privacy information.
If your question is regarding the math placement test, please READ CAREFULLY here - your question may be answered on our FAQ page.
Math Advising: In-Person & Virtual Assistance for Non-Math Majors
In addition to responding to email requests (firstname.lastname@example.org), Math Advisors are available to assist non-math majors in the following ways:
- In person walk-ins: Room 217 Math Building, Monday-Fridays from 10-12, and Mon/Tues/Wed/Fri 1-3
- Virtual Assistance: For Zoom meeting requests or phone call-back requests, please email email@example.com from your official Ohio State email address and provide a brief reason for your inquiry, your phone number and your preferred meeting time (during regular business hours).
Changing to Math Major
- Students wishing to change their major to mathematics should first complete the Major Information Session. Instructions to schedule an appointment will be given after finishing the session.
Math & Actuarial Pre-Majors and Majors Appointments:
- OnCourse appointment: To schedule an OnCourse appointment with your math or actuarial advisor please follow these instructions:
- Log on to OnCourse: https://buckeyes.campus.eab.com/
- Click the very large Blue “Schedule Appointment” button located on the top right side of the screen.
- Click on the Meet With Your Success Team option. It will be under Other Appointment Options on the right side of the page.
- Select your Advisor.
- Select a service and indicate either in-person or Zoom. Select the option that best fits the reason you want to meet with your advisor.
- Find Available Time. You will now see all the available timeslots your advisor has open. Click on the timeslot you want to schedule.
- In the comment box include what you want to talk about and any other information your advisor should know ahead of your appointment.
- Walk-In Hours: See your advisor's information below.
Department of Mathematics Advisors
217 Mathematics Building
231 W. 18th Avenue
Columbus, Ohio, 43210-1174
Preferred mode of contact is email: Students must send emails from their Ohio State email account.
firstname.lastname@example.org for general advising.
ASCemail@example.com for questions regarding the math placement test.
Phone: Email is the most efficient way for math advisors to see your inquiry as we may not be in the office to receive your call. If you do call, please leave a detailed voicemail, including your OSU name.# and a phone number, and we will return your call. You will receive a return call from "Unknown" so please pick up. 614-292-6994
Please be aware that this is the advising office for Undergraduates. If you are looking for Graduate advising please email firstname.lastname@example.org