Please email firstname.lastname@example.org from your official Ohio State email address and include specific and detailed information in your request. Emails from personal email accounts cannot be addressed with student privacy information.
Non-Math Majors: Math Advising Walk-in & Zoom Drop-in Schedule
- In-person walk-ins available in MA 217 M-F 10AM-12PM and MTWF 1PM-3PM (First come, first served)
- For Zoom drop-ins, please call 614-292-5450 M-F 10AM-12PM and MTWF 1PM-3PM to be provided a Zoom link.
- Students wishing to change majors should first complete the Major Information Session. Instructions to schedule a phone or Zoom appointment will be given after finishing the course.
Math & Actuarial Pre-Majors and Majors:
- In-person walk-ins available in MA 217. For Zoom drop-ins, please call 614-292-5450
- Advisor Anita Simpson - Walk-ins in MA217 M 10AM-12PM, Tu & W 1PM-3PM. Zoom drop-ins Th 10AM-12PM
- Advisor Caitlin Burden - Walk-ins in MA 217 (& Zoom drop-ins) M & F 1PM-3PM, Tu & W 10AM-12PM
- Advisor James Sutherland - Walk-ins in MA217 (& Zoom drop-ins) M & Th 10AM-12PM, Tu & F 1PM-3PM
- Advisor Rodica Barbu - Zoom drop-ins M 1PM-3PM, W & F 10AM-12PM
- Advisor Athena Yiamouyiannis - Walk-ins in MA217 Tu & F 10AM-12PM. Zoom drop-ins W 1PM-3PM
- OnCourse appointment: To schedule an OnCourse appointment with your math or actuarial advisor please follow these instructions:
- Log on to OnCourse: https://buckeyes.campus.eab.com/
- Click the very large Blue “Schedule Appointment” button located on the top right side of the screen.
- Click on the Meet With Your Success Team option. It will be under Other Appointment Options on the right side of the page.
- Select your Advisor.
- Select a service. Select the option that best fits the reason you want to meet with your advisor.
- Find Available Time. You will now see all the available timeslots your advisor has open. Click on the timeslot you want to schedule.
- In the comment box include what you want to talk about and any other information your advisor should know ahead of your appointment.
Department of Mathematics Advisors
217 Mathematics Building
231 W. 18th Avenue
Columbus, Ohio, 43210-1174
Preferred mode of contact is email:
Email: email@example.com (Students should send emails from their Ohio State email account.)
Phone: 614-292-6994 If you do call, please leave a detailed voicemail, including your OSU name.# and a phone number, and we will return your call. You will receive a return call from "Unknown" so please pick up.