Students must complete 3 required courses, a multivariable calculus course, a proof writing course, and a linear algebra course. Students will then complete additional elective courses to complete their minor, the number of courses depending on the type of minor the student is pursuing.
- Traditional Math Minor
- Honors Math Minor - Students earning an honors degree must complete an honors minor. They may choose one of two sets of requirements to fulfill the honors minor.
Complete the following requirements with at least 15 hours of math courses with a 2.0 GPA.
- Math 2153 or Math 2162 Multivariable Calculus
- Math 2568 Linear Algebra
- Math 3345 Foundations of Higher Mathematics
- 1st Math elective
- 2nd Math elective
Honors Math Minor Requirements
- Complete at least 15 hours of math, from the required and elective courses
- At least 2 courses must be honors math courses (2162.02 does not count as honors)
- Courses that constitute minor must have a GPA of at least a 3.0
Students wishing to complete the Honors Math Minor Option 1 should visit the Math Advising Office to discuss course selection an overlap with the major requirements.
Complete at least 18 hours of math, from the required and elective courses. Courses that constitute minor must have a GPA of at least a 3.3